RN - NICU
This job posting is no longer active.
October 14, 2019
Job perks & benefits!
- Loan forgiveness up to $10,000
- RN to BSN tuition assistance up to $10,000
- $1.00 BSN pay
- $1.00 Certification pay
- Up to $5,000 STAR Clinical ladder bonus per year
- Preceptor pay for your time supporting new staff
- Shared Governance Council
- Tuition reimbursement up to $1,200 per year
- Retirement with employer match
- Onsite daycare with extended hours, holidays and weekends
- Onsite fitness facilities
- Pharmacy delivery to your unit
- On-site Employee Health services
- Opportunity to earn referral bonuses of up to $5,000 per hire for certain positions
- 1906 Employee Store
- 20% tuition discount on most classes at Cox College
- Cafeteria discount
- Job Summary
- A NICU nurse is a medical professional with specialized skills in caring for newborn infants who are either premature, born with congenital deformities, experience delivery complications, and/or life-threatening illnesses. The NICU nurse assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the effectiveness of treatments and the plan of care. On a daily basis, they administer medications, perform complex procedures, work with complicated technology, and consult with an interdisciplinary healthcare team to coordinate all aspects of the neonate’s care. They comfort the neonates and provide education and comfort to the families.
- Job Requirements
- Required: Graduate of an approved nursing program
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Preferred: Previous nursing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate effective leadership abilities
- Exhibits valuable time management skills
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Required: MO RN license
- BLS must be obtained within 90 days
- Required: NRP within the first year of hire