RN - North Emergency Department
This job posting is no longer active.
November 1, 2019
Job perks & benefits!
- Loan forgiveness up to $10,000
- RN to BSN tuition assistance up to $10,000
- $1.00 BSN pay
- $1.00 Certification pay
- Up to $5,000 STAR Clinical ladder bonus per year
- Preceptor pay for your time supporting new staff
- Shared Governance Council
- Tuition reimbursement up to $1,200 per year
- Retirement with employer match
- Onsite daycare with extended hours, holidays and weekends
- Onsite fitness facilities
- Pharmacy delivery to your unit
- On-site Employee Health services
- Opportunity to earn referral bonuses of up to $5,000 per hire for certain positions
- 1906 Employee Store
- 20% tuition discount on most classes at Cox College
- Cafeteria discount
- Job Summary
- The Emergency Department nurse provides professional nursing care during the initial phase of acute illness or trauma for patients of all ages. The ED nurse triages and determines priority of care based on physical, psychological and social needs as well as factors influencing patient flow through the emergency care system. The ED nurse works quickly to assess the needs of each patient, prioritize care based on the critical nature, works to stabilize the patient, initiate treatment, discharge the patient after the emergency is over or make arrangements for a longer hospital stay.
- Job Requirements
- Required: Graduate of an approved nursing program
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Preferred: Previous nursing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate effective leadership abilities
- Exhibits valuable time management skills
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Required: MO RN license
- Required: BLS must be obtained within 90 days
- Required: Must obtain ACLS within one year of hire and must obtain PALS within one year of hire