Must have pediatric experience
Job Benefits & Perks!
- Tuition reimbursement up to $1,200 per year
- Retirement with employer match
- Onsite daycare with extended hours, holidays and weekends
- Onsite fitness facilities
- Pharmacy delivery to your unit
- On-site Employee Health services
- Opportunity to earn referral bonuses of up to $5,000 per hire for certain positions
- 1906 Employee Store
- 20% tuition discount on most classes at Cox College
- Cafeteria discount
- Loan forgiveness up to $10,000
- RN to BSN tuition assistance up to $10,000
- $1.00 BSN pay
- $1.00 Certification pay
- Up to $5,000 STAR Clinical ladder bonus per year
- Preceptor pay for your time supporting new staff
- Shared Governance Council
The Urgent Care nurse provides professional nursing care during the initial phase of acute illness or trauma for patients of all ages. The UC nurse triages and determines priority of care based on physical, psychological and social needs as well as factors influencing patient flow through the emergency care system. The UC nurse works quickly to assess the needs of each patient, prioritize care based on the critical nature, works to stabilize the patient, initiate treatment, discharge the patient after the emergency is over or make arrangements for a longer hospital stay.
Required: Graduate of an approved nursing program
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
Preferred: Previous pediatric nursing experience
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrate effective leadership abilities
Exhibits valuable time management skills
Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills.
Flexibility and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment.
Required: MO RN license
Required: BLS must be obtained within 90 days
Required: Must obtain PALS within 1 year of hire
Required: Must obtain ACLS within 1 year of hire